Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Easy Cranberry Apple Sauce

So I guess I fail in the "writing regularly" category, but I promise to be better.  I wanted to drop by and share a quick recipe with you, which I've been enjoying for a few weeks now. 


This is just another winning way to use your rice cooker- Easy Cranberry Apple Sauce!   I've been adding it to my oatmeal and overnight oats, and just eating it plain for breakfast or as an after dinner treat. 


I even served it at our friends-giving celebration last week!



Easy Cranberry Apple Sauce
by Lindsey

Makes 6 servings

3 jumbo apples or 4-5 average apples
12 oz fresh cranberries
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water

I like using the jumbo apples, because it means fewer apples to peel and core.  I use jumbo granny smith when I make this, but I think most non-mushy apples should work fine.

This is what a jumbo apple looks like- the other apple is for reference

Peel and core the apples and then dice into 1 in chunks. Throw everything in your rice cooker and turn it on.  When the timer goes off, stir for a few minutes to break down the apples and cranberries.  Keep stirring until the cooker has cooled down and then reset it for a short-cook time.  Once that's done, stir again until you reach the desired consistency.


Don't have a rice cooker?  Add the ingredients to a pot on your stove, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment