Saturday, October 20, 2012

Avocado Dip

My mom makes this fantastic avocado dip that we always beg for every time we're home for the holidays.  It's really good and my whole family sits around and plays games while consuming an entire bowl of the stuff.  And when I'm done eating my fourth of the bowl, I have major guilt (not of the environmental kind, but the oh-my-gosh-I'm-gonna-gain-50-lbs kind).  So I decided I needed an avocado dip, light in my life.

So here it is:

 
Avocado Dip, Light
By Lindsey Sheehan

1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt

Ready for the instructions?  They're very complex.

Mix all items together...  Congrats, you're done!  (I use a fork to mash up the avocado, which is easy if it's good and ripe, but if not, try a food processor.)

And the damage?  Well, if you eat the whole bowl, you're getting 350 calories, 27 g of fat, 19 g of carbs, and 15 g of protein (Spark People).  So while there's lots of fat, it's the good avocado-y kind, right? And look at all that protein!  Thank you greek yogurt!




I've taken this dip to a dinner party and my book club, and both times it was a huge hit.  We ate it with buffalo wing flavored pretzel chips- yum!  They were hot, so with the cool dip, it was a nice balance.  I'm kind of addicted to the buffalo wing pretzel chips now... so careful of that.



 So good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment