Thursday, August 2, 2012

Num num num

I've been pretty unmotivated lately (thus the lack of posts) and I was feeling kind of down today.  So I made these...


And then Florence and the Machines' "Dog Days Are Over" came on my pandora, which always reminds me of this.

So things are looking up.

This recipe is from She Eats Well and I've made it about a billion times already because it's so good.  In SF, my roommate and I went through a period where we'd alternate making it, and pretty much constantly had them in the fridge.

I believe that rice krispy treats are the most under-appreciated dessert.  They are so good- they deserve so much more respect.

For these beauties, you'll need:

6 cups of rice krispies
6 tablespoons butter
1 bag of marshmallows (I use the 10 oz bags)
1 cup peanut butter (I've used chunky and smooth- smooth is prettier, but otherwise, not a big difference)
1/2 to 3/4 bag semisweet chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips (my favorite thing to bake with EVER- so delicious!)


I use an 11 x 15-in pan (because that's what I have), but a 9 x 13-in pan will make your treats a little thicker. Spray or butter the pan to keep the krispies from sticking. Combine the butter and marshmallows in a big pot and stir.



Then add in the krispies!


Pour the mix into your pan and smooth it out.  I use a plastic flat spoon and it works well.


Add the last three ingredients to a pot and heat over medium.  Don't forget to stir!  The roomie in SF took a phone call while making her first batch and we ended up with a bunch of burnt chocolate and some plain rice krispy treats.  Not that anything is wrong with plain rice krispy treats, but doesn't this look good?


Stir, stir, stir...


Look at that fluid mechanics!  So pretty.

Lastly, spread the chocolate-butterscotch-peanut butter mixture of happiness on top...

Note, I got impatient and didn't wait for ALL the chips to melt...  It still tasted delicious.

and then refrigerate for a while...


...or don't.





No comments:

Post a Comment